Sunday 4 January 2015

The Book of Me, Written by You - Week 67 - What are your priorities?


Each week there are prompts which require answering.






Week 67 - What are your priorities?


Quote from American author, Kathleen Winsor:

"Most people are so busy knocking themselves out trying to do everything they think they should do, they never get around to do what they want to do."

So, what are the things I would like to achieve and why? What are the things I want to do?


My biggest priority and passion in life is caring for my family, so I do spend a lot of time cooking, cleaning & washing, but I also try to make sure spending time with my baby comes first. Fortunately cooking is one of my biggest passions in life and eating delicious, nutritious & home cooked food. I would love to be able to teach people how make meals from scratch, to show that it is not hard or challenging and often can taste as nice as, if not nicer than the sugar/salt pumped ready made options available to us in the supermarkets. 

My other 2 major passions in life are:
  • my family history research, which does get side-lined due to family commitments and work these days.
  • my faith, so being involved with community groups within my locality is important to me as well.
Another priority in life is my job and career as an Optometrist, which has had to be scaled back in recent months to make my family life more of a priority, but it is still there on the back burner waiting for me to have more time to come back to it, in future years.

The quote above so describes me and my life, I often want to have a go at doing everything but have recently come to the conclusion that I cannot do everything properly so have been trying to scale back the things which I am doing so as to spend more time with my family and being able to do fewer things properly. For example I think my blogging will be scaling back this year to prioritise doing more actual physical family history research and also finishing the book about my Davidson family history that I have been writing since 2012. 

No comments:

Post a Comment